Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
Wear whatever the hell you want and what feels right for you. You do not exist to cater to the eyeballs of every other human being. Your existence is not for being everyone’s preference. Your worth is not tied in with whether or not you’re considered ‘eye candy’ by someone. Do you, YOU are wonderful and you are the only person who gets to decide what you wear.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
it is so disrespectful to call all sex work “sex trafficking” like i cannot stress how unbelievably inappropriate it is, not only to sex working women who make their valid and honest living through providing fully consensual and safe services, but also to the countless victims…
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.
how do woman not orgasm when inserting tampons.
like isn’t just like having sex idgi?
This sounds like a Mitt Romney diary entry.
There exists a sub-section of men who literally cannot sit through a discussion of structural misogyny without receiving constant and emphatic reassurance that no one is accusing them personally of being a misogynist. This is a derail and an attempt to shut down debate. Because, to quote “Sometimes, it’s just a cigar”:
“Suppose you disagree with women about whether rape is part of the structure of our society, used to reinforce patriarchy. Do you make that debate possible by standing on your wounded pride, and just insisting that the debate must start with a disclaimer that says you’re not a rapist? Forgive me, but that’s nothing more than narcissism.”
The conviction that you have never participated or been complicit in structural misogyny is dubious to say the least, no matter what your gender. But even if you are resolute that you, personally, have managed to transcend the system you were born and raised in and now stand as a shining beacon of gender equity outside the mire of patriarchy? Good for you, but structural misogyny still exists and we still need to have a conversation about it. If you think you have nothing to learn, go play elsewhere on the internet."
White privilege is being able to shoot up a movie theater and leave alive in the back of a cop car. It’s driving around in the BMW daddy bought you killing because you felt you were entitled to women’s bodies & afterwards the media painting you as not a criminal but rather a poor sad situation of a person suffering from mental health issues.
But if you are a PoC you’re one trip to the corner store and a warning shot to the back of the head away from being a hash tag on tumblr.
A transphobic woman is not a feminist; she is overly concerned with policing the bodies and expressions of others.
A woman against reproductive rights — to use bell hook’s own example, and an issue close to your heart — is not a feminist; she prioritizes her dogma or her disgust over the bodies of others.
An ableist woman is not a feminist; she holds some Platonic ideal of what a physically or mentally “whole” person should be and tries to force the world to fit inside it."
Anti-choicers, let me explain something to you:
- If abortion were truly a human tragedy, you wouldn’t have to compare it to other human tragedies to prove your point. Something that was never said: “Oh, no! 9-11! It’s even worse than Columbine!”
- If abortion were truly…
That is not a typo.
I was just complaining about this as I purchased my 8 million dollar science books and lab manuals. 💰📖👎(via veganheathen)